Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen

Pears
God knows I need a little pick-me-up today. Who knew it would be from an essay that was turned into a song by Baz Luhrmann? Who knew Baz Luhrmann (guy from Moulin Rouge, The Great Gatsby) had a song? Why am I asking a gazillion questions today?

I remember I heard this song back when I was in high school and I was like, what is this guy babbling about sunscreen for? I was too busy thinking about pertinent things that a high school girl had to deal with, like should I or shouldn't I be shaving my legs since all the other girls were starting to do it---thankfully I discovered that my legs, in fact, had no hair to shave off so that worked out pretty darn well for me.

Even though this essay was made over a decade ago, the values still ring true today.


The author, Mary Schmich, was unequivocally right about wearing sunscreen. Do not leave home without it or you will get more wrinkles faster than a prune.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top