Sephora: My Stash

Pears
For the past couple of years, Sephora has been offering a pretty cool deal just before Thanksgiving. They hold a special event for their members and take 20% off on any purchase in-store or online. Seems just like a normal discount, right?! Wrong! You see, Sephora carries the high-end brands like YSL, Dior, Guerlain, etc. so this means you get 20% off on all these high-end brands too! You don't even see this kind of promo in Saks or Bergdorf's (they usually give u a nice free gift with purchase but rarely a discount).

On the final day of the event, I went in hoping to get a lipstick or two but the boyfriend is too much of an effective cheerleader that I ended up getting more than I came in for. It's pretty easy, really--- He finds somewhere to sit, I go back and forth and show him different shades of lipsticks or cheek blushes or eye shadows and he says YES, NO, or I can't tell the difference (can't blame him for being a guy!).

I got most of these things in-store, especially the lipsticks, 'coz you're pretty much playing Russian Roulette if you buy any make-up without trying it out. Anyhoo, here's my stash:

Make Up For Ever Studio Case with 12 eye shadows, a black eye liner and a step-by-step guide (which I probably can't follow just 'coz I suck at doing eye make-up)



Fresh Dare to Bare Sugar Lip Ritual My lips chap so easily and I've always heard great things about Fresh's lip care line so it's great that they came out with a set so I can try them all. Sets are usually a good buy too, since most brands slash the prices compared to buying the products piece by piece. Check the sticker on the upper right of the photo below, the set is valued at $59 but sold at $45. That's an instant $15 dollar savings!



Dior Top Coat Gel and Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Stone Jungle The Marc Jacobs nail lacquers are definitely top quality, you can tell by how they lay on thick and shiny, even with just one coat!


Dior Limited Edition Shock Colour Lip Duo in Mysterious Shock and Passion Shock. I love how one side is matte and the other side is metallic, what a perfect marriage!


I'm trying to show the colors but the lighting inside my apartment sucks.

Here's Mysterious Shock.


Here's Passion Shock.


Dior Natural Lip Treatment in Lys Rouge and Diorette. This is the most moisturizing lipstick that I've ever had. It feels like a lip balm but there's so much pigment in it that you won't be mistaken for a lip-gloss smackin' highschool kid. Yes, I was that kid.



Dior Addict It-Lash and Dior Show Liner (not shown) Here's a fun fact for ya... I cut my eyelashes with a pair of scissors back when I was 8 or 9 years old and it just never grew back as long anymore. Let's see if this baby could redeem me from my scissor-happy days.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette I love how this blush set is mixed in with some luminizer so I can easily get that dewy look without having to add one more step to my routine.


Clarisonic Radiance Brush head for my Clarisonic Aria (now known as the Mia 3). If you're vain about skincare as I am, you know you gotta have a Clarisonic! I got the Aria for $199, it's got a hefty price tag but your skin will thank you for it!


I also got my membership upgraded to V.I.B Rouge. You can unlock this status when you purchase a minimum of $1,000 per calendar year, which is probably just peanuts for the real make-up enthusiasts. Anyone with the Rouge status can enjoy perks like access to exclusive events, receive special gifts, free shipping on anything and everything you order from their website and unlimited services (makeovers, consultations) from the Beauty Studio.

When you get upgraded to Rouge, they'll give you a new card with a cute little Bite Beauty lipstick in a shade of red that's made exclusively made for Sephora.


If you've seen me in person, I know you're scratching your head right now. When do I ever wear all this damn make-up? I don't know. I always say, just in case I run into Keanu Reeves! Ha!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top