The Swedish Finale

Pears
Note: This is a late post.

Who's gonna save the world tonight? Swedish House Mafia...that's who! The electro dance trio are trotting around the globe for their final tour, aptly called One Last Tour, before they split and do their own thang. For those of you old-timer ravers (think PVD, ATB, Daft Punk scene) who can't keep up anymore of the current glowstick-filled parties, SHM group is composed of Dj's Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso.


 Anyhoo, it's been quite awhile since I've been to a dance music event (last one I've been to was Paul Van Dyk or was it Chicane?! Holy Shawarma, I am old) so I decided to just give it a go. I guess you can say it's only fitting that I'm tipping off my hat to the final days of my 20's by bobbing my head, pumping my fists in the air and mane-smacking everyone in the face with some of my hair strands left on someone else's mouth. Yeah, I rock like that.

Before I spill all the stuff black mail dreams are made of, let me tell you now about the crazy before the real craziness happened. Picture one of the busiest, horrifying freeways in the U.S. versus the person who has lived in the greater LA area for the past 10 years but has never taken the plunge to hell drive on the notorious 10 freeway. And then picture me finding out that I had to drive my sister and myself to downtown, using this said freeway---during rush hour. Let's just say there were some sweaty palms and a couple of Hail Mary's involved.

Now for the fun part!

With every bit of us squished like a pack of sardines, I tried my bestestestestestestest to hold still and take some photos and short videos. Regrettably, I wasn't able to take a lot since the rain was pouring over us and  I was too much of a pussy to risk my camera getting soaked. Oh, and I was busy going crazy just like everyone else was...yea, that too.

Scattered rain + muddy dance floor + Half-naked men/ pretty-much-naked women + about 30,000 people + Otto Knows + Nero + Alesso + SHM = One crazy mutha of a night.

It was my little sister's first rave and she enjoyed it so much despite the wet, cold rain and sardines part!






My poor little camera couldn't take the loud bass that the audio recording is so scratchy! Boo.
Anyhoo, here are some snippets of senseless dancing and jumping around. Dont forget to select HD quality:

Alesso on stage. He's a bit of a cutie.


Lose My Mind


Dont You Worry Child - FYI, there is a woman cussing in this video and it ain't me. Mmmmk?


Their final song for the night, Save The World...and some random girl's pits. Ha!


Like what I say about going to concerts and events, it always pays to prepare. Since this was an outdoor rave event, it only means that the weather may well be your friend or your worst enemy and you're bound to ruin your outfit one way or another. Always check for the weather forecast, it'll pretty much dictate on what you should and shouldn't wear. I wanted to dress to the nines but there's no way in hell that I was going to risk ruining my premium stuff so off I went to the mall to find cheap alternatives.

In my case, I needed a cheap  pair of boots to stand on the muddy ground and a cross body bag/clutch that was big enough to keep the essentials like tickets, cash, driver's license, wet wipes, lipstick and a compact camera. I survived the rave but needless to say, there were definitely some casualties...


The clutch couldn't withstand all the jumping that one of the straps detached in the middle of the show and ended up on the muddy ground...See that little leather piece hanging with the chain? Yep, it ripped right off. I got it for cheap at H&M so my heart isn't bleeding. It's a bad photo of the bag but it's actually pretty cute with the tassel detail (you can see it peeking through on the lower left) and the little chain strap.


Not realizing that I was clutching a muddy purse all throughout the last half of the show, I got home and saw this...

* Is it me or does this angle make me look like I have a bulge where I'm not supposed to...Ha!* I really love the black shirt I have underneath. It reads, "BAD DREAMS ARE MADE OF ME"


Thanks for screwing up this picture, Mr. Fat Fingers.


SHM threw a spectacular and overwhelming show so it was sad to see them go. Parting is such sweet sorrow...but alas,we must party on...tugsh tugsh tugsh.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top