Sashay Shante

Pears
There are followers and then there are the pioneers... In the world of fashion, it's easy to follow trends and keep up with the latest buzz but it takes more than just a keen eye to be a CREATOR. I'm not a fashion designer and I don't consider myself a "fashionista" (Jeez Almighty, I loathe that word) but I am an avid fan of designers who form complex ideas in their mind and know how to execute it perfectly, breathing life into their creations.

With that said, I'd like to share with you my Ultimate Favorite Fashion Designer of all time:


Elie Saab


"Born in 1964 in Lebanon, Elie Saab is a self-taught fashion talent. His interest in dressmaking started at the young age of 9, already making clothes for his sisters. The talented adolescent sold his creations to the women in his neighborhood." - Taken from www.eliesaab.com

Aside from the fact that he comes up with the dreamiest, original designs that I've ever seen, I love how his creations are totally WEARABLE. I can practically do splits and cart wheels in them! Well, no I can't because I'm not athletic... the only split I know is a banana split. There are some designers that make their designs too complicated that it's just not feasible enough to wear outside the cat walk. I'm telling you... there ain't no other designer that makes me want to be a girly girl than Elie Saab.

From his Haute Couture Spring Summer 2012. The fabric, the bead work, the colors, the textures, the draping... ABSOLUTELY PERFECT... *drool* *die* *drool*





And here are some of my faves from his Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2011 Collection...





If I ever get to wear one of Elie Saab's gowns, I'm going to be snapping my fingers and sing Sashay Shante all night long, baby! 

Toodles! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top