Lovapalooza

Pears
Get ready to be nauseous boys and girls! Miguel and I are turning 11 (yes, as in ELEVEN) this Sunday so I'm dedicating the next couple of days (and posts) about LOVE, SWEET LOVE.

Miguel and I have known each other for more than 11 years and it's funny because we still get into some small arguments from time-to-time and occasionally, we get into HUGE fights. You know, the "You-better-duck-'coz-I'm-going-to-throw-this-phone-at-you" kinda fights. Sometimes we get to reconcile on the spot but if we prefer the "Who's Saying Sorry First" game, it does takes a couple of days (couple as in one day and a half. Ha!) for us to call a truce. The only way for me to give in quickly is if he bribes me with some shrimp fried rice or when I hear our songs (yes, we have a LOT of songs) playing on the radio. When that happens, it's Game Over for me. I come running to him like a fat dude who ate bad Mexican food runs to the loo.

I hear these songs and it makes me just want to love him and hate him at the same time. Do you know what I mean? Like you want to choke the person but you wanna hug him/her at the same time. Oh you don't get that way? So it's just me then? Okay.

Every song that we picked out actually has a story behind it. So, it's not really the song itself, it's more of the "what, when, where" that song reminds me and Miguel of. Let's be hopeless romantics for awhile, shall we?

The older the love song, the better. Non?

Portrait- How Deep is Your Love. I just love how they covered this song so well through acapella.



The Real Thing- You To Me Are Everything. I was singing along to this song while Miguel and I were JUST friends but I was hoping he could get a clue already 'coz dang, that boy can be so CLUELESS! " So now you got the best of me, c'mon and take the rest of me, oh baby."




Barbara Streisand and Bryan Adams- I Finally Found Someone. I used to sing this song when I was still single so you can imagine my excitement when I met Miguel..I finally had someone to eat with! Yey! =)



The Wannadies- You and Me Song. "Always when we fight, I try to make you laugh 'til everything's forgotten..I know you hate that"  =) He loves singing that line when I get mad at him.



The Cure- Love Song. The Cure just makes love songs that don't make you sound like a fool..and not to mention, wear eyeliner and still be a dude.



Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons- Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You. And ofcourse, I was defenseless when Miguel sang this song to me one night while I was locked out of my own apartment.



*I told Miguel that when we do get married, picking out which song for our first dance would be the most difficult task because there's too much for us to choose from. It's like we have a new song every month! Looks like were just gonna have to do eenie meenie miney mo, catch the tiger by the toe. (Is that really how the song goes? I always sang it that way when I was a kid and no one ever corrected me..so..)

Feelin' nauseous yet? No? 'Coz there's more to come. Tee-hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top