Ghesquiere For LV: Debut

Pears
So it's finally here--- the fashion world's most anticipated LV show for Fall 2014 has come and gone. It seems to me everyone was so excited for Nicolas Ghesquiere's first step into a new realm in fashion, like seeing off your first born to his first day in school.

Without further ado, here are some of my personal favorites from the collection:

Louis Vuitton Fall 2014



Love the blue suede trimming and leather sleeves!



Nice clean silhouette and the colors are great neutrals...



Nice fall color combination and I love how the belt loops over, casual but chic!




It wouldn't be an LV show without the accessories! Here are my favorites...



This shoe and bag combo is divine!



Cute little Speedy in a nice vintage leather.


Honey, they shrunk the trunks and me likey.








All images from style.com

As you've read in my previous post, I love Ghesquiere. I simply adore him. But I also like to be honest to my readers. Overall, I thought the collection was lukewarm. I felt like there was something missing here, almost like he was playing it safe with this collection---but mind you, these pieces are a great step forward for what Ghesquiere can do for LV. Some of the design elements and details in this collection haven't been seen in an LV show since Marc Jacobs' tenure (and that is a really good thing!) but maybe with so much anticipation building up and having crazy expectations for our wonderboy, anything less would immediately seem mediocre. This definitely isn't one of his best but once he gets over this transitional period, you better make sure you're wearing your padded butt pants 'coz this guy is going to knock all of us off our patent leather heels.

Besides...this isn't his first rodeo, he's only warming up.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Yeehaw!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top